Accounts Assistant – Birmingham
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£18k - £22k + benefits|
- Accounts Assistant – Birmingham - £18k - £22k + benefits
Our client is a leading and well established financial organisation based in Birmingham; due to continued growth and expansion they are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Main purpose of job:
Invoice control and payment, data input to Quickbooks and expense control. Other varied duties supporting the Head of Finance with high quality period end and ad-hoc financial reports to strict deadlines in a positive working environment. Opportunity to develop by taking on additional responsibilities and learning new skills.
Role & responsibilities:
- Data entry using Quickbooks accounting system
- Creation and maintenance of spreadsheets
- Input and payment of supplier invoices
- Tracking of receivables and liaison with recoveries department
- Report on ageing status of receivables daily
- Assisting in preparation of weekly, monthly and other periodical financial reports as required by management
- Support preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for management
- Development opportunity to assist with foreign currency transactions and subsequent conversions to GBP
- Development opportunity to assist with preparation of monthly management accounts pack and to work on an accounting system integration project
- Liaison with offshore accounts team
- Support ad hoc request for reports as required
Skills and Qualities:
- Quickbooks experience (min 1 year)
- Minimum 2 years’ accounting / finance experience
- Formal accountancy qualifications (or studying towards) desirable
- Strong MS Excel & Word skills
- Accuracy, with strong attention to detail
- Reliable time manager
- Proactive approach
- Ability to work under pressure in a small team