Health and Safety Officer – Nottingham
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£25,000-£30,000 + benefits|
- Health and Safety Officer – Nottingham - £25,000-£30,000 + benefits
Our client is an extremely successful and well established company based in Nottingham; due to their continued success they are currently expanding their team and recruiting for an experienced Safety Officer.
Main purpose of the Safety Officer:
- Carry out routine site inspections and create reports detailing any findings and recommending areas for improvement and giving recognition to areas of good practice
- Carry out annual health and safety audits and create reports detailing any actions required.
- Carry out Risk, COSHH, noise, manual handling, VDU assessments and other assessments as may be necessary for the firm and advise on the results
- Offer practical solutions based on results of inspections and assessments
- Conduct accident investigations
- Establish contacts with local enforcing authorities where necessary
- Create safety plans, policies and other documentation as necessary
- Contribute to the team effort by offering your input, ideas and demonstrating commitment to the continuous improvement of the Firm
- Maintain the high standing and good reputation of the Firm by conducting yourself in a professional manner
- Taking part in safety committees where appropriate
- Provide advice and guidance as required
- Conduct occasional Tool Box Talks
- Keep up to date with legislation and trends in the field of health and safety and keep documentation and literature up to date
- Organise training e.g. first aider training
- NEBOSH Certificate (minimum requirement)
- Have relevant experience of working in the field of health and safety preferably in an office environment
- Flexible and professional approach
- Have a ‘can do attitude’
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use your own initiative and take a proactive approach
- Ability to work independently and in a team effectively
- Keen to learn as further training will be available