Product Development Manager – London
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£32k - £37k + excellent benefits|
- Product Development Manager – London – £32k - £37k + excellent benefits
Our client requires a Product Development Manager to play an integral part in the product development process concentrating on products for our clients group – both for our retail and direct to consumer businesses.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, as the Product Development Manager you will join a team supporting our product development process, liaising with various stakeholders from suppliers, test houses and IP attorneys.
Role and Responsibilities
Play an integral part in the product development process, focusing on sourcing, and managing products across multiple product categories. On a day-to-day basis you will liaise with various stakeholders from global suppliers, test houses, IP attorneys to various internal departments and international divisions. You will be responsible for taking ownership of assigned products and be given the opportunity to source and propose new innovative products to the business. This will include product sourcing; IP checks; functionally and product safety testing; undertaking market research and competitor analysis; product certification and compliance; writing product briefs; artwork approving.
Regularly proposing new products and product concepts for the business to consider.
You will assess and test potential new additions to our clients exciting range of products. This will involve checking potential new lines for:
- Functionality and whether they are fit for purpose.
- Validating product sales features.
- Potential quality or safety issues
- Legal and broadcast compliance.
- Product sourcing, which may involve some local and international travel throughout the year.
- Product tendering.
- Generation of cost sheets.
- Reviewing supplier contracts.
- Undertake market research and competitor analysis.
- Assisting in the production and/or review of accurate, relevant and concise written reports which will be used as a basis for deciding whether to proceed with a product or not.
- Assistance with the management of compliance certification and regulatory issues.
- Liaising internal Technical team and third-party test houses for independent testing of products.
- Product sample management and storage.
- Working closely with the in-house Design and Production team to ensure they have accurate information to market the product.
- Collating accurate information for generation of Product Decks for the business.
- General support to line manager.